cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Router APN Setup Texts

OB1e
Investigator
Investigator

Back in the day I remember EE sending WAN LTE device setup texts. I have a monthly unlimited data sim account and have moved to a new LTE/5G router that apparently was intended for the Asian market but is being sold by D-Link for use in the UK. No problems so far, router is working fine but thinks its a T-Mobile LTE source hence, are setup texts still used and what web page is used to send them.

Our daughter introduced Amazon Alexa and we now have lots of automation in the home. The downside is the old 4G LTE router could only handle 16 devices per 2.4 and 5G wifi SSID so IP allocation was sometimes a challenge. Now we have 128 devices per SSID so no more challenges.

Although 5G 'LTE' is not yet available our area the router as a bonus is 5G ready. I put this to the sales guy when upgrading to unlimited and he said we will send you a new data sim that will allow a 5G connection. Presumably my existing 4G LTE sim card won't allow a 5G connection? Is it really as simple as that or will there be issues like extra charges for instance?

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@OB1e    As you've upgraded to unlimited data just put the new sim in the device.  There is no extra charge as you’ve already upgraded so you’re covered with whatever you agreed too.