cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership due to separation

Redon23
Investigator
Investigator

Hello there, we have a joint contract however my husband and I have recently separated and currently have no contact with each other. I would like to transfer ownership of my phone along with a wifi pebble that we have onto a separate contract. Can this be done without having to try and gain contact with him. The contract is in his name?

5 REPLIES 5
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I believe if he set you up as an authorised user on the account then you should be able to do it by ringing Customer Services on 150

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Redon23.

Welcome to the community.

To complete a change of ownership you would both need to be present on the line at the same time.

This is so that the account holder can authorise your line being removed, and you can complete a credit check to have the line made in your name.

Jon

That’s fine I understand that but what if the other person is unwilling to co-operate? What options do I have then?

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Redon23 

Could it just be easier to get a new number and sign up for a new contract yourself or do you really need to keep your number?

We only brought the phones last July so we’re still paying for it. I don’t really want to upgrade or change my number if I can help it. I’ll call 150 when I can to see if they can help: sometimes it’s best to talk to someone in person. 

thanks for all the help