cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Plan - I need an Apple Watch for a Family Member Plan

urbaniser
Investigator
Investigator

However this seems impossible to get.  Been on the phone for double digit hours now, resetting phones, watches, re-pairing, all of which have nothing to do with the issue. HAve had new numbers assigned, but still no joy and supplied IMEI, esim etc.

When I try to setup the apple watch for my daughter, I get the error:

Oops. Somethings not quite right.
It looks like you've chosen to set-up Apple
Watch for a Family Member which isn't
compatible with the price plan you have
bought.
To complete set-up with your current price plan
cancel and re-pair your Apple Watch and select
"Set up for Myself"

I want this setup as a Apple Watch for a Family Member, but no one seems to be able to fix this.  Anyway out of this mess?  Please!

9 REPLIES 9
urbaniser
Investigator
Investigator

IMG_8177.jpeg

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@urbaniser  Did you purchase the watch on a family plan. ?  The type of tariff you chosen upon purchase is the only tariff you can use the watch on. 

The watch is from Apple (it's not contract).  I tried to setup a plan but it error'd through the ee menu on the apple watch app.  Called 150, who said they'd do it, but have set it up with the wrong plan it seems.  But no-one seems to know what a apple watch family plan is.

Hi Have you managed to sort this yet? As I am trying to set up a family share for my Dad but no one answers the phone at EE?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @kat63.

Our phone lines opened at 8am today.

Our Customer Care team will be able to help you.

Jon

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Jon_K   can you actually get a family plan for the watch ? If you get the watch yourself. 

The only tariff only plan I thought was the £7 a month tariff and this isn’t that. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Sorry @Chris_B I've mis-read the initial post in the thread.

You're right, the £7 per month tariff is the only tariff only plan.

Jon

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@kat63   There is no family plan if you purchase the watch outright from a 3rd party.   The only family plan there is is direct from EE when you purchase a watch from EE.   

The only sim only plan for a watch is £7 per month and that’s then linked to your phone on your account it isn’t a family tariff.   So basically when your phone rings the watch will ring as well. This is comparable to a personal plan. 

Hi.  From the replies here I can see why it took so long to get this sorted, 

It’s all working fine now.  You can have a family member plan on a different number for a watch.  So I have my own pay monthly phone contract.  I also have an Apple Watch that I purchased outright and wanted to use this for a family member.

Similar to this thread there’s a lot of staff who think it’s just a normal watch account which they kept setting up and resetting.  However it is a £7 month family member watch plan and it includes a separate number which is used for the family member watch.  Once this was setup it now works flawlessly. The Watch is setup as a family member device through my own iPhone and this watch has its own iCloud account and also its own number.

It needed to be resolved via the social media team and explain the situation who were then able to resolve it after a couple of phone calls.

As I say, all working well now and £7 a month for the watch plan with a separate number.  They will need to know your Apple Watch EiD to set it up.