Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over payment

Julianlr1
Investigator
Investigator

OMG this is so long winded

Ok my contract was up for renewal on the 23-1-24 however after being with you lot for over 30 years, I through its time for a change, so I went with another company which omg they are really good and less than half the price of what i was paying to you, just goes to show being with a mobile company as long as I had does not pay to do that, anyway like I said I left and EE took a final payment from my account on the 29-1-24 which I was expecting those not as much as you did seeing my contract with you ended on the 23-1-24 and the new people I started with on the same day so almost £50 for what

But anyway I'm sure you will come up with some odd reason why you have charged me this much, but now the 9-2-24 you have taken another payment of almost £40 WTFish I know its another word normally used but though I would really like to swear my head off about it, I'm not going to, so do I contact my bank fraud team to report you for theft and get my money back that way or are you going to put my moneny back in to my account, and don't think for one minute I will be calling you wasting my time and money on a call to you, you are in the wrong so you sort it out, Kind Regards Julian

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Julianlr1 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

You can find details on the final bill on our Thinking of Leaving EE page, if you have made a payment after the account has been cancelled this would be refunded.

If you would like to discuss this with our mobile guides please call us on 0800 956 6000 and they will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Julianlr1  Did you port your number from EE to this new network?  If not did you give notice to terminate the contract?  Contracts don’t just end at the minimum term unless you give notice or move your number to a different network they change to a 30 day rolling contract until you give notice to terminate or port your number a way and this will terminate your contract with EE. 

Hello Chris_B

Yes my number was ported from EE to the new Network on the 23-1-24

My contract Ended with EE on the 23-1-24 and had not entered into a rolling contract

So there was no need for me to contact EE to terminate the contract as it had already expired

Julianlr1

There is every need for EE to terminate the contract because if they didn't terminate the contract you are liable to pay.

Porting your number over using a PAC code will terminate the contract. The new bill on Feb may be the final bill or in march you may get a refud of the difference.

Your bank will collect the money no problem but if you actually owe EE the money they can and will chase you for it and destroy your credit rating in the process.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hello Brendon

Thank you for your reply, however if you had read all of the email/text from the start

You would have seen that I have told EE that in January my contract was coming to an end on the 23-1-24 and a payment

for the month of January was taken out of my account on the 29th for just under £50

And then on the 23-1-24 my number was ported to the new network, MY CONTRACT ENDED WITH EE ON THE 23-1-24

So I had no service from EE in anyway then on the 9th of February EE takes another payment from my account FOR WHAT

If you had an email address I could send you all the proof, I however am not going to put it on here as your Community page is not a safe place, all what has been written here can be found on google

Julian

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Julianlr1 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

You can find details on the final bill on our Thinking of Leaving EE page, if you have made a payment after the account has been cancelled this would be refunded.

If you would like to discuss this with our mobile guides please call us on 0800 956 6000 and they will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

Your bills and end time all depends when your billing cycle is as well.

If you left half way through s billing cycle you will have a part payment to make.

If you have over paid the next billing cycle you will get a refund from EE

Brendon H

Yep you people don't read to well do you, what part of my contract ended on the 23-1-24

and I started with a new Network on the 23-1-24 do you not understand

And that I got my final bill for that month on the 29-1-24

SO getting another bill on the 9-2-24 is unwarranted

If you are going on bill cycle as you say, every month for the last 30+ years I got a message from EE stating they would be taking payments from my account from the 22nd of each month

There's your issue you are mixing billing cycle with billing date.

Taking payment on 22nd of each month doesn't mean you billing cycle ends on 22nd of the month.

Mine for example tariff refreshes every 26th of the month. That's my billing cycle. 26th to 25th of each month cycle.

My payment isn't taken until 4th of the month.

So you ported part way through your billing cycle.

Brendon H

My billing cycles refreshes was from the 21st of each month

so what you are trying to tell me is from the 21-1-24  to the 23-1-24 EE have charged me £38.58 for two days of service

I will never come back to EE due to the basic principles of justice no matter how stuck I get in life, EE will never be my first choice ever again and getting a refund would not even sway me, in fact I don't want it, I will write it off as a bad choice in life

Julianlr1