Help!

Matthewbr2000
Visitor

My gf is in another country and I wanted to get her a phone contract. I’d pay for it but give the phone to her in another country, she would get a new SIM and pay for Mobile Data and I’ll continue to pay the phone every month. Is that possible? Also would the bill go up in price when she uses mobile data even though it will be a different SIM card? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A new subscription would come with a new number - and thus a new SIM.

Assuming you took a FlexPay plan, you will receive one single monthly bill covering all your GF's airtime and usage - voice calls, text messages & mobile data. That bill will have one regular monthly payment, and you'll have a separate finance agreement covering the device/phone costs.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Matthewbr2000  There are cheaper way to get a device than this.     You’ll be paying for an air time tariff that she won’t be using.  Thats a minimum 24 months contract just for that.        If she was to use the EE sim that would mean paying roaming charges and in the EU the cheapest option is £25 per month just to use the EE allowance that you’re also paying for.   Roaming is also 2 months and any 4 months period and after this time you could be charged international roaming prices.       Even if she got a sim for a local provider you’ll still be paying for the air time tariff.    Your best bet is to purchase from the manufacturer and they might even offer a payment plan for say around 24 months just for a phone with no airtime tariff.