Upgrade

Benf3
Visitor

Why hasn’t someone been in touch with me about my phone upgrade and and why I am paying for a contract still and full price when it ran out in September? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Benf3 : These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months.

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to raise this with CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Benf3 : These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months.

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to raise this with CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Benf3   With over 20 million customers there would be thousands of calls to customers per day EE would need to make to chase up on what customers would want to do with a contract.   It’s down to you when it reaches the minimum term to decide on what you want to do.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You have a rolling contract at an agreed monthly price, for at least the duration of your minimum term. You should receive a text message reminder when approaching this "contract end" date advising of your various options.

One of your options is to drop to SIM-only, but this is ultimately a decision for the account holder whose responsibility it also is, to be aware of the pertinent dates.