cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

take a phone off my out of contract acct but allow them to keep phone & number

Polly242
Investigator
Investigator

I’m out of contract completely, I’m paying for mine plus his on that contract. It’s his own phone as he bought a new phone outright and put sim in but sim is attached as extra on my old contract. How do I do this, he’s aware I’m going to but is volatile, we both need to keep our same numbers.  I’m not sure of best way forward and phoning CS isn’t easy for obvious reasons

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The current owner of the account needs to call CS with both of you available on the line to effect a change of ownership. The other person will need to pass a credit check. They will then be paying for that contract. If you can't do it together CS will give the current owner a password for them to quote when they call.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you, Can I just clarify I’m the named Contract holder, for both those phones, they’re registered to me!   I need to phone CS and explain want to take that one off and they’ll give me a pass code I can give partner so he can phone & register to himself is that correct? 

what do I do if he refuses🤷🏻‍♀️ The contracts are in my name. Can I just stop that phone contract? Would that mean he’d need a new sim of his own with a new number.  His phone isn’t an ee phone.

Thanks for help with this🙂

Yes, that's about the procedure. Explain you want a Change of Ownership on that contract.

There's not much you can do if he refuses. By taking on that contract in your name you took on all responsibility. You could cancel that contract as it's passed its min term date. Then he'll be forced to source a new SIM with a new no. if he wants to continue using his phone.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you so much for your help. 

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.