cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI and discounts

kitkat0910
Explorer

Hi, 

I signed up with EE on 29th January 2024 for a new mobile phone deal. I have a 3 year contract on the device, and a 2 year contract on my mobile plan. Whilst I was signing up, I did see that there would be price increases to the mobile plan portion of my contract each year, in line with CPI changes each January. I misunderstood this however, thinking that the increases themselves would occur in January. I received an e-mail on 14th Feb advising me that my plan would go up by £2.28 each month in line with these inflationary increases. So, I thought my first increase wouldn't come until Jan 2025, but instead it's coming in March 2024. I called today to explain that I was a brand new customer and wasn't expecting these increases, and asked if anything could be done for the first year of the contract, was told no - it's very clear throughout the purchase process what increases would apply and when. 

I feel it's a little unfair of EE to advertise a price that I'm only going to get for 2 months, is there anything I could do here? 

Second thing, I am a BT customer and called today to link my BT/EE account as I read that I'd get a discount on my plan costs. I pay a total of £47.20 each month, £29 of this relates to my mobile phone plan. I thought the discount I was entitled to was 10% but was told today it's actually 30%. I've had a text to confirm that they've applied the 30% discount to my mobile plan. I was told that the discount would be £1.70 per month. It was only when I came off the phone that I realised £29 x 30% is closer to £9 - not £2! Does anyone know any more about how the discount works? Could this be a mistake? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kitkat0910 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

For information on the annual price increase, please see our Annual Price Changes on EE, help page. 

If you log into the EE app and select add-ons, which discount shows? 

Leanne.

Hi, thanks for your reply. This is what I can see, it doesn’t show the £value of the discount, only the %age. 

IMG_0215.png

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @kitkat0910 

This is the 30% discount off the monthly plan price, and will show on your next months bill for you. 

If you would like to check how much the discount would be before the bill. please call us again on 150 🙂

Leanne.

@kitkat0910  There’s nothing you can do about the price increase as you accepted the T&Cs of the contract.  What you thought would happen and how that increase wouldn’t affect you until next year is unfortunately your own fault for not understanding the T&Cs.    As for the 30% discount this will be applied correctly you only got misinformed.