cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10% discount with EE & BT

Hoss01
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, as I have both EE And BT for my mobile and broadband services how can I get this discount added to my account?

Many thanks in advance 

28 REPLIES 28

Or at least that is what they told me instore! If you go for this offer make sure your Sales rep writes it on the contract as it is not mentioned explicitly as such.  Please reply here though as I would like to know how many others there are like me.

My final email to EE here and then I will write to Financial Ombudsman.

I have bought a mobile plan in store starting April. At time of sale I was told I would have 10% off my bill if I also bought broadband for home (BT). It was referred to as Best of Both (Offer). At point of Sale I told them it wasn't mentioned in the contract. The Manager assured me it applies automatically but I asked him to write and sign on my contract the same. It has never been applied. I am missing 4 months x 10%. I have several exchanges with Customer Service promising it will be applied. It has still not been. I would like to have 20% applied for the missing months and 10% thereafter as per the BOB offer which I bought instore. Most recently I had a chat with an agent where he is lying throughout the chat. He told me all BOB customers are given a discount code. He repeated it about 7 times in various different ways. I even asked how many digits and letters. Eventually when pressed hard he said there is no code. And told me to go back to the store and ask them! This was a Manager at Customer Chat so this is why I have given up calling Customer Chat. Not at all transparent communication to say the least.

Hi Hoss01

Can you let us know here how you get on? They told me the same each month and it is now 4 months later and there is no credit applied. Takes at least an hour to talk to these agents and I expect many EE customers will give up - not at all legit really  but I guess that is the world of buying mobile phone contracts however helpful they may seem at the time. My guy even suggested using a fake address to get the phone instore so really the sale is all important to them.

Anyway please do come back here and tell us how things go.

cheers

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bloozy,

I understand your frustration with the issues you're having with your discount. As we don't have access to your EE account via the community forum, this isn't the best place to help with your particular problem.

For help with this, please contact our Customer Care Team who can access to your EE account.

If you'd like to raise a complaint, please see Make a complaint (ee.co.uk).

Hope this helps.

James

Hi James

I can certainly send you the account info you need to help me via direct message should you be allowed to help EE customers.

I have tried the chat now and spent oververall 4 hours ( yes this is exact) on 3 different calls. How much time is a Customer expected to spend before getting a solution from a knowledgeable Customer agent?

The last one I spoke to was a Manager (for whom I waited 20 minutes) and it's clear he had a lack of knowledge combined with a firm confidence in the wrong information he provided. I don't believe that chat can help me anymore. Hence Im here as I would like to know if there are others experiencing the same thing as me and if so what was their outcome.

Yes, the 10% discount has been applied as I confirmed right after my enquiry back in April  but now the next question is should this discount apply to the BT account too?

Many thanks for all the replies. 

But you need to bear in mind that bt had a also had a raise in the 2023 so your discount may be applied but with the raise in the charges you won't be able to notice the discount on your account!

Hoss

Ah thanks sorry I missed that.

Thats great you got the result you wanted.

As far as I recall and I spoke in detail at the shop about this offer I am pretty sure it applies only to the EE bill and not at all to the BT bill. Also the 10% is only on the baseline bill and not any extra charges etc for calls outside your plan.

Hope that helps 🙂

If I recall correctly there was a one off £5 discount but nothing monthly....I am happy with my broadband (speed etc.,)  are you?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bloozy,

Sorry, we're not able to access customer accounts via the community forum.

Our Customer Care or complaints teams are best placed to help you with this.

James