cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10% discount with EE & BT

Hoss01
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, as I have both EE And BT for my mobile and broadband services how can I get this discount added to my account?

Many thanks in advance 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hoss01   If you’re entitled to it, it is automatically placed on your account.   This depends on what contract you start first and if/when that discount was being offered when you started the contracts.    It’ll be best to call customer services about this. 

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hoss01   If you’re entitled to it, it is automatically placed on your account.   This depends on what contract you start first and if/when that discount was being offered when you started the contracts.    It’ll be best to call customer services about this. 

Many thanks for that, I just spoke to customer services and Hadid say that the discount is automatically is applied as I took both my contracts at the same time.
Thanks again.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Hoss01 

Leanne 🙂

Bloozy
Investigator
Investigator

I am speaking with Neeraj and he is a manager he is denying any such offer exists 

James_B

Hi @Bloozy,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you a new EE customer?

James

Hi James

i am a new customer.

At the EE store the BOB offer as  one of the Managers called it was the main reason for taking BT Broadband with BT. They told me I would have 19% off my EE bill for the entire contract. When it didn’t appear on my bill the first month I called EE. They told me to go back to the store. I did this and Mo told me it doesn’t happen until after the first month. Second month came along still no discount.

Went to the store they said they will try to help me if I come back in the afternoon as it takes time or I can call EE but if I give it a few weeks and make sure that would be best.

third month and still no discount- I called EE and in a chat that took 1 hour 50 minutes eventually managed to agree 20% off for 3 months ( to make up for the missing 10%)  and thereafter 10% as promised. It wasn’t easy explaining as initially they were unaware of the BOB offer.

fourth month comes along and is the 20% there? No. But the 10% was.

I called and explained we had agreed 20% but they said it’s not possible initially- eventually agreed ( after a 1 hour exchange) however said they would give me a cash credit ( which until now each customer rep had said “we never do cash credits’ ) which I agreed to however wanted a manager to confirm.

the manager came on ( after 20 minutes holding) and was very annoyed from the outset. He didn’t introduce or mention waiting time and asked me where is your discount code. He had made up a whole story why I’m not entitled to a discount at all. I pressed him hard for which discount code he is referring to but he couldn’t answer this but repeated himself many times in different ways. This was made up and it turns out there is no discount code but this was his way of fobbing me off. If anyone was to read the chat you would think I’m talking to a scammer.

in the end he denied I was entitled to it and so my only recourse now is the Financial Ombudsman. Based on this I’m probably entitled to cancel my BT broadband because BT/EE are effectively the same and selling contracts by promising freebies for kickbacks isn’t right. 

finally I should add that the amazing helpful guy at EE ( well I guess he did all he could to sell us a contract) who I bought this contract from is a manager there. When I said to him that none of the contracts ( EE or BT) mentioned the BOB he said don’t worry you’ll receive an automatic discount as you’re buying both at the same time. I said to him ( he spent almost 1 hour with us) if he wouldn’t mind writing on the contract that we have this offer which im glad I did.

Can you help with this James or what your advice.

thanks

Sorry I meant 10% not 19%. That’s a typo 

James_B

Hi @Bloozy,

Sorry, we can't access your account via the community forum.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care and asking them to listen to the recording of the call where you were offered 20% off.

James

Hi Chris

can you help me - I called customer service dozens of time. Been made dozens of different promises none of them materialized. Are you sure this is not just a very well run scam? Because why would it be all over the shops and internet and nobody at customer service is even aware of it. Best thing is it doesn’t have an official name so we can’t even refer to it. After much arm twisting I got the name Best of Both but that’s not what it’s referred to as by others and yet it’s advertised everywhere- what’s going on?