cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Smart hub plus install

GazNH
Explorer

I am trying to install my new smart hub plus. I have it all physically connected, the light goes blue, my phone is connected to the WIFI but the app will still not connect to the hub. I have turned on/off, reset, disconnected/reconnected and nothing works.

Any suggestions?

G

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@GazNH  Do you get internet access via the Hub, or is it just the App that is not working?

Might be worth giving it some time until any updates comethrough to the router.

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@GazNH  When is your go live date for the  connection? 

Switching over from BT to EE, so have been live for a few years..

How long, roughly do the updates take? I switched back to my old BT hub to get on here, but will be heading out for a few hours later, would that be enough time if I switch back? 

Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@GazNH   I will ask again - Do you get internet access via the Hub, or is it just the App that is not working?

If it is just the app not working, then yes swap back over whilst you are out - although leaving it on overnight might be better.

But also, you might have been live on BT for years, but New EE is different, so when is you go live date? Have you had that yet?

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@GazNH  you should’ve got an email of when you go live date is forEE broadband is to start. 

Sorry - no internet as far as I can tell, did not do full tests, only WIFI connected device is my phone, everything else is wired .

My EE go live was 7 days ago, but Ive been away so to day is my first chance to try.

G

A week ago, but Ive been away..

GazNH
Explorer

I have things connected now with internet, app will still not connect.

I have noticed that the WIFI range is really bad compared to the old BT hub. I have a few outside devices that worked perfectly but they are all complaining about signal strength with the EE hub. It is in the same location that the BT hub was, same sort of orientation. Am I going to have to get extenders?