WiFi controls

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I appear to have the same problems as others with regards to WiFi controls . 
I came from BT recently and initially had the controls but not anymore and have tried all the usual re install the app turn the router off etc to no avail. The speed is as expected so no problem there,  is there a glitch in the software ?? also is there a fix or update due?. If EE has the fix please update everyone to when this will be available, because all I am reading on this forum is complaints about the controls not being available.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Has the wifi app been fixed or is it just a rumour I have heard, because despite re booting re loading the app on the iPhone all I have is the three dots. This was one of the main selling points to change from BT who I never had a problem with. I read that a number of ex BT customers have this problem is it restricted to them or everyone??? Or type of phone. This needs a general honest update for all from EE rather than continuing to advertise the app in the sales promotion .

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

I've have the same issue since Nov 23.Have you tried the following.

1.Delete and re enstall app to get the latest app.

2.Turn off and on the Hub.

Hope this works for you.

Executive complaints are dealing with my complaint  about this issue.

I was informed by them on 2nd March 24 that an update to the app was completed and rolled out the beging of this month which fixed the issue.Which is not the case.From my prospective they where not willing to reduce the price of the broadband until the issue is resolved.

If you manage to get WiFi controls to work can you let me know.

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Hi
I re booted the router uninstalled the app on 2 iPhones and re installed. It has not worked for me on either phone just get the revolving wheel so no actual Wifi controls as advertised. Let’s hope EE post the fix on the forum asap and update the customers to save the calls to them as they are still advertising this facility when some cannot get it.
Sent from my iPhone
John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Has the wifi app been fixed or is it just a rumour I have heard, because despite re booting re loading the app on the iPhone all I have is the three dots. This was one of the main selling points to change from BT who I never had a problem with. I read that a number of ex BT customers have this problem is it restricted to them or everyone??? Or type of phone. This needs a general honest update for all from EE rather than continuing to advertise the app in the sales promotion .

Gentles
Explorer

This been fixed with latest update

This has been fixed with latest update

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I been told a fix has been updated for IOS but not android 

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Unfortunately not for me still the same despite re installing the app and rebooting the hub

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not for me on iOS re installed the app etc 

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well I'm an ex BT broadband user who has just moved over (also ex BT employee (Tech Officer of 32 years). I'm having the same issue. So the issue is not fixed!! 

Been through all the restarts and reinstalltion stuff, still the same. Just been told by Tech support to give the hub 24hrs to sort itself out!!!

Interesting the comments about ex BT customers having issues. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the clitch is in the move across from the BT system to the EE system!