WiFi controls

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I appear to have the same problems as others with regards to WiFi controls . 
I came from BT recently and initially had the controls but not anymore and have tried all the usual re install the app turn the router off etc to no avail. The speed is as expected so no problem there,  is there a glitch in the software ?? also is there a fix or update due?. If EE has the fix please update everyone to when this will be available, because all I am reading on this forum is complaints about the controls not being available.

57 REPLIES 57
John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It would be interesting to know if the 24hr wait works or have you just been fobbed off. It would also be very interesting to know if just ex BT customers are affected with this , if so this could be the starting point for the techies. 
This appears to be ongoing for a few months since November on the forum but I only joined in late January so eventually there may be a fix.

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

John,

Having had the experience of BT's internal systems over many years it wouldn't surpise me if the problem was in there. It could be just as simple as someone not putting a tick in a box.

Because BT and EE are the same company they probably have an interface problem between the two systems (or versions of).

Moving from BT to EE probably follows an internal process migrating the account across.

Moving from BT to a completely different provider means the BT system closes the old account and the new provider creates a new account on a completely different system.

The only thing then that remains the same is the network (Openreach).

Anyway, I assume that the overnight routines have been run now and so far my Wifi control is still not working, nor is the installing the update from the app to the hub.

I await his call back!!

Ho hum!!

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Steve,

thanks for the reply if you read the forum the”leave it on overnight” seems to be the usual response. This is a known issue and you may be correct with the ticking the box option as I cannot see a company like EE putting the app out that’s faulty. This needs someone to grasp it and get this sorted asap as some are paying for a service they are not receiving can you imagine buying a 4 cylinder car and only 3 cylinders work. A starting point if restricted to ex BT customers would be to check the migration to EE etc.

Anyway it looks like an ongoing problem for EE  not only for you and I but others  - good luck with response or resolution.

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well I got the call back from their First Line support.

Did the "Delete & Renistall app" bit. Took all my ethernet connections out of the hub whilst it updated. Wireless remained connected, so not really sure the point of that!

Funny thing was that whilst my phone was going through the WiFi controls update the guy asked me to do the same on another device (my Ipad). So I then had two apps trying to do the WiFi controls update which had me thinking "What is actually being updated?" Can't be the hub as no-one in their right mind would try to update the same piece of kit at the same time. So I think the actual update is to the app with the details from the hub. Anyway still didn't work.

So now I am going to be passed to the 2nd Line Support.

Interesting thing was the guy telling me that although the issue people are having looks the same it can be any number of errors/quirks that are causing the same end problem.

So it seems that in depth pre-launce testing wasn't really done!!

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Steve 

thanks for that I do not agree with what the techie said  if you read the forum it’s the app WiFi control  that people cannot get, everything else works. 
I agree with your suggestion that app launched before full evaluation  as possible cause the get it out quick we will fix it later syndrome, unfortunately looks like they have a problem.

Let me know if resolved for you.

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well, Ive now found out that my old BT account wasn't closed down on the 2nd April. Nor as part of my original request has the old BT landline been cancelled. This is now due to happen on the 17th April.

This means that my Mini TV boxes will not work correctly until the old BT account is closed which will allow the mini TV Box subscriptions to start.

This is also probably what is causing me to not be able to set up my Wifi controls within the EE app.

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Steve,

interesting is that hopefully this resolves this fingers crossed . I am like you not entirely sure it is the hub etc because how can a large tech company send out equipment that you have to do the amendment rather than an overnight download.I wonder how many who reported this issue have had it resolved. Let me know if you get the controls .

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

UPDATE..........

So, just come off a call from the 3rd Line support Team.

When he first rung me I was not at home but I took the opportunity to tell him what had been occuring up to now.

He called me back at a time we had agreed, and, to his credit he had investigated what I had told him.

So, it seems when I placed the order with the Sales team they raised my request as a "New" order, when they should have raised my request as a migration from BT to EE, which would have seen my BT account just moved across.

This has resulted in me having a BT account and an EE acount.

My BT account has a "Marker" assigned to it and my EE account has a different "Marker" assigned. These "Markers" are what services, kit and features etc are assigned to. Even though the physical line coming into my home is the same pair of wires, assigning everything to the correct "Marker" is crucial to everything working.

It seems my EE kit is assigned across both "Markers", which is currently causing the issues with my Wifi control set up and my Mini TV Boxes.

Also, and more worryingly is that if he hadn't spotted this, when my BT line is cancelled (planned for the 17th April) I would have lost all my services. I would not have been a happy bunny!!

So now the guy is going to call me back tomorrow, and with another colleague they will start to unravel the Sales Team mess and get everything moved accross on my EE account.

Then, once done, he assures me, everything will work as expected.

So, this is probably why customers moving from BT to EE seem to have problems.

Lesson: - The BT/EE Sales Teams need to make sure they fully understand the process when customers are moving from BT to EE.

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

Have  ee resolved your issue 

Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's still in progress.

The guys have cancelled the cancellation of my BT account, so that it gives them time to get it all resolved.

Not heard from them since Friday evening, but I'm confident they have it in hand. The conversations I've had with them indicate to me these guys know what they are doing (famous last words!!). Can't say that about the sales lot or the first line support I've had (all non techies).

Fingers crossed.