WiFi controls

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I appear to have the same problems as others with regards to WiFi controls . 
I came from BT recently and initially had the controls but not anymore and have tried all the usual re install the app turn the router off etc to no avail. The speed is as expected so no problem there,  is there a glitch in the software ?? also is there a fix or update due?. If EE has the fix please update everyone to when this will be available, because all I am reading on this forum is complaints about the controls not being available.

57 REPLIES 57
Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It looks like there are two different types of hub.

It seems the SH20A hub is a re-badged BT Smart Hub 2, which would have been deployed in the early days of the change over from BB ot EE.

The SH31B is the newer version and seems to have Wi-Fi 6 (IPV6 I think).

So it seems the "upgrade" you had shortly after getting the hub was when BT/EE made a change, not just to the firmware version but probably to the way your account worked.

Both support Fibre so why they won't give you a newer version is beyond me, but neither seem to work properly anyway!!!

My Broadband is FTTC  and I have a SH31B version hub.

John I am assuming you have FTTP?

For info:-

FTTC means  "Fibre To The Cab" and is where the service is provided via fibre connectivity to the cabinet in the street and then via copper wire into your home.

FTTP means Fibre to The Premises and is where the service is provided via a fibre feed direct into your home).

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Steve
I went from fttc to fttp and supplied with SH 20a hub , the hub you have is for the 1.6gb I am told.
I will try the new same hub but cannot see this working.
Anyway hope your call with the tech team goes well if they call you😂😂
Sent from my iPhone
Stevef1964
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well the TMC did actually ring me yesterday, at 5:pm.

No real update on my Wi-Fi controls problem, but they have fixed my emails.

For some reason my email addresses had reverted to basic service meaning I could only get to them via a web browser. It sounds like someone hadn't done their job properly in assigning them across to my EE account.

One problem resolved, one left to sort out.

John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
At least one problem sorted hopefully the other is resolved but cannot see it at the moment.
I will try the new router when it arrives in isolation with the iPhone as you were advised but not confident.
Sent from my iPhone
John-P2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Steve

new hub arrived not EE one but BT one after contacting help line which was BT I think they did something on remote access - I can see my devices now but not parental controls so Only partially working must have been the router.

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Still no access to wifi controls after installing a new smart Hub.

Absolutley no suprises at all. Its not the hub that is the issue, its the EE ID associated to the account that's the problem. Mine worked with the correct EE ID, once I switched back to my old and current one, it stopped.

Lucio007
Visitor

I'm having the same problems moving from Sky to EE.  Is Sky from BT too somehow?