Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to a newer router while in Contract

RukaziSintakumo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

Unsure if that is the right spot, but I just wanted to check if other folks had experiences on this topic.

I have a 1Gig Full-Fibre package with EE and the white Smart Hub.
Now, I can see that with this package, EE now offers the Smart Hub Plus, that comes with nice and interesting upgrades (such as WiFi6)

Is it at all possible to upgrade from my current Smart Hub to the newer one while being in contract? Nothing on my connection would need to change, I just want the newer and faster router.

Worst case, I could call customer support, but I tend to avoid it when I can.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@RukaziSintakumo   I presume you mean the White Smart Router - the Smart Hub is black.

As for the new one, you could try ringing the Broadband Care Team, but I suspect you will only get the option when you take out a new contract. How long do you have left on your one?

Hey @Mustrum ,

thank you for your reply.

That is possible yeah! Unfortunately they are not clearly marked and online it’s hard to figure out which model you have.

I have just started this one in April of this year, so I‘ll be in contract until Apr ‘25. That’s the reason I‘d like to know if it’s possible. But I guess I will need to check in with them via phone. 😕 (they have no live chat option in the app anymore)

Ah, that is a shame. I guess they will appear on eBay soon, or you will probably get the even newer Smart Hub 4 with WiFi7 when you renew!

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/09/ee-confirm-plan-to-be-first-uk-isp-to-launch-a-wi-fi-7...