Speed

DickSmith
Investigator
Investigator

I just typed a long message on what was presented as a forum field only to find you need to log on first - this is my first message and not a happy one - dumped 3 last November because of speed issues - asked around my location EE seemed popular - signed up to home broadband - my speed are 15up 1.5down on average but better middle of the night so assume it’s customer overload - not my problem - recently you tell me you want an above inflation increase - this is a 2 way contract you supply what I want I pay - you don’t perform I don’t pay - now how do I get what I pay for? EE is twice the price I was paying 3 …..please sort this out or let me go ….recently been in Portugal public nets are running at 100 mbs on 4G regularly just when is the UK going to provide what we pay for - I left BT 5 years ago because of service issues and I seem to be back in the same mire HELP

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
DickSmith
Investigator
Investigator

I am not a kid and I don’t want badges -  I want an internet that allows me to do what I want when I want at a reasonable speed and signal - I want to speak to a human or ever email a human not some AI machine ….employ people not boxes …

@DickSmith   so just ignore the badges, if you provide the information requested we can at least help you get the best speeds available given the physical limitation which are dependant on your location and your method of connection.

Swapping suppliers rarley fixes issues on your line, understanding what is going on and getting it fixed is the answer.

I have spent years trying to fix internet no UK provider comes anywhere near European providers - its part of rip off UK …. Find me a human that will sort the issue that’s all I need …… at the age of 77 I have been net bound since day one ….!!!! I just want what I pay for

Sent from Smudgers iPhone

@DickSmith   alas a Beam me up scottie machine nor the ability do fault finding via telepathy or mind reading has yet to be developed, so we have no idea what physical restrictions are in place with your broadband. How far you are from a cabinet or exchange, or if other fibre services are available to you. 

Your age has no affect on these conditions, so is irrelevant, last time I checked I was still human, as are others on this public forum.

HTH

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Facts not philosophies is what's needed here to move this issue forward.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)