cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diverting BT landline to EE mobile

LaineyMill
Investigator
Investigator

I've had my BT landline on divert to my EE mobile for years without any issues, occasionally taking the divert off and then putting it back without any problems.  For some reason, this time, the divert just isn't working properly.  The call diverts on to my EE mobile but then cuts off after a few rings - or when EE voicemail cuts in - with "Sorry this number is temporarily unavailable, please try again later message."  From other posts, it seems as though I'm not the only one having this problem.

I've tried taking off the divert and putting it back on again, as well as clearing all the diverts using the #61# #67# etc commands but it's making no difference.  BT say it's nothing to do with them (!) and it's driving me up the wall!!!  I've looked at all the EE voicemail settings and can't see anything there that would cover it either.  Something has obviously changed but I have no idea what it is. 

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.  With many thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @LaineyMill

Welcome to the EE Community. 

When was the last time you had call divert switched on working OK?

Just looking at BT Broadband and Landline do you have Call Diversion on your account?

If yes to divert all calls dial: *21*(phone number you want to divert to).

Katie

Thanks Katie. 

My call divert was on - and working as normal - until last week, when I took it off for a few days.  I then tried to put it back at the weekend using *21* etc and it diverts to my mobile but then cuts off after a few rings.  I've looked at the EE settings on my mobile and can't see any reason for this, unless there's something I've overlooked???  Ah!!!

Katie_B

Hi @LaineyMill

If you are diverting from your BT landline to your EE mobile I would recommend speaking with BT broadband customer care who can look further into this for you. 

It would be interesting to updated on this, 

Katie

LaineyMill
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Katie.  I have already contacted BT, without success,  but will have to try again...  It's so frustrating...

Katie_B

Please keep me posted @LaineyMill

If it is not resolved following your next call pop back and let us know. 

Katie 🙂

Well, I've reached a complete dead end.  BT have supposedly looked at the issue and reset the divert but it's making no difference at all.  The call diverts to my EE mobile without any problem, but if EE voicemail cuts in then the call is cut off.  To BT it looks like an EE issue and to EE a BT one.  It's so frustrating and lots of other people seem to be having exactly the same issue.  Something has obviously changed but no one seems to be able to tell me what and, more importantly, how to resolve it.  The only - not very helpful - solution is to put an  answerfone on the BT number, so it always goes on to answerfone and then access it remotely to pick up messages. Ahhh.!!!

Leanne_T

Hi @LaineyMill 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Are you able to test diverting calls to a different number to see if the same happens? 

Leanne.

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately, exactly the same thing happened...  I took off the divert to my EE mobile and put it on to a BT landline number.  The divert worked perfectly and I could leave a message on the voicemail when it cut in.  I then put the divert back on my EE mobile and there's no change.  The divert works but, if the EE voicemail cuts in, then the call is cut off with a "Sorry this number is temporarily unavailable, please try again later" message. AHHH...

Leanne_T

Hi @LaineyMill 

This does seem to indicate this would need looked into further by our EE Tech Gurus if the divert works to any other number. Please get back in touch and they will run through some further troubleshooting with you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.