cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Plus to G Fast

Tony10011955
Visitor

I'm new to EE and have been provided with a Smart Hub Plus . My master socket is an Openreach 5C with a phone port and a G Fast port. The cable supplied with the hub does not fit in the G Fast port. I am currently using the Hybrid Connect to access the EE mobile internet which is plugged into the phone port via an ADSL filter. This is ok in the short term but should I have a different router to plug into the G Fast port and will this be supplied by EE as part of the package?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE SH+ is meant to be used with Full Fibre. It isn't meant to be issued with G.Fast altho' it will work with it. Accordingly the only cable provided with it is an Ethernet cable intended to be plugged into the Full Fibre's ONT. You need to use the BB / DSL cable from your previous router. If you don't have 1 you can buy them online or in any electronics shop. Altho' I would have thought that EE sending you a SH+ knowing you were on G.Fast should have sent you a DSL cable as well.

As your master socket has the 2 ports you don't need any ADSL filter. It is already filtered. Tho' I don't see why you are plugging a mobile router into a landline. It gets its signal from the mobile network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

The EE SH+ is meant to be used with Full Fibre. It isn't meant to be issued with G.Fast altho' it will work with it.

This isn't the case. The EE Smart Hub Plus will work on an ADSL, 'standard' VDSL or FTTP line. It does not carry support for G.Fast.

@Tony10011955 - are EE provisioning you on G.Fast, or something else?

Sorry, as it works on FTTP & VDSL I assumed it would work on G.Fast, esp. as EE seem to have provided it to OP who is on G.Fast.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Well, that's the question: is the G.Fast port for the EE provision, or that of a previous provider? Perhaps you can confirm @Tony10011955?