cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Ethernet connection from my router to my PC

JHaigh
Explorer

Hi, I started my contract with EE in February and was sent a new router. I am now on my third router. The previous router and, now this one, have stopped sending a signal through the Ethernet cable to my PC. The PC is using Microsoft Windows 11. Both the last router and this one worked ok to begin with and I was able to access the internet via the Ethernet connection (my PC doesn't have a wireless connection, only Ethernet). After a couple of weeks it completely stopped working. I have tested the ethernet connection using my wife's laptop but this doesn't work either. I have tried all the four ports, different ethernet cables, but nothing. I am still getting a wifi signal and my CCTV system which connects to the Ethernet port to send images out works too. I contacted EE technical support and the person I spoke to seemed to suugest that EE are aware of a 'problem with their routers not working with windows' . Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else been told this? EE technical help were not helpful and said there is nothing they can do. I later got a text stating 'my issued was resolved', it clearly isn't. I know I can set up a way to connect my PC wirelessly but I want to do it via an Ethernet cable. I didn't expect this from a new provider and a brand new router!!! Any comments appreciated. Thanks, Jeremy

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@JHaigh  If your CCTV is working OK on an ethernet connection, that suggessts it is nt a router issue, but a PC/Laptop tting.

Are you able to connect to the Router interface via your browser? Depending on the router :

Most routers can be configured by browsing to their admin pages using a web browser. The website address differs from router to router, but it's usually something like:

If you’re unsure, check your own router manual or contact the manufacturer for support.

If that works have you changed the network settings on your PC/Laptop to trust the new router network?

Hi Mustrum,

Thanks for that. I'm not technically minded but have a friend who can help me so will try this. I just don't undertsand why it worked fine for a couple of weeks then just stopped, but my router is still working fine with my CCTV. I only have two computers but they are both Microsoft windows based so I wonder if this is the issue and whether anyone else has had problems?