cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spikes to 400-500ms every 30s since changing from BT

xaleksas
Visitor

I've moved from BT to EE last month (2.5 weeks ago) and had nothing but issues.
The main issue is, that every 15-60s my ping spikes from 30ms to anywhere from 100 to 600ms. 
My main use of broadband is gaming, so this issue is a massive one for me.

I've tried about everything you can imagine of. 
Starting with simple things such as resetting modem, restarting PC, updating drivers, to more advanced troubleshooting steps such as messing around in admin panel of the modem switching off 2.4, 5ghz, ipv4/ipv6, changing from wi-fi 6 perfomance to wi-fi 6 compatibility and wi-fi 5. I've tried all the ipconfig & netsh CMD commands. I've tried using DNS, changing wi-fi driver modes to b/n/g/ac, etc. Rescanned channels, turned off all other devices in the house so that the PC is the only one connected. I even purchased a new wifi adapter since my last one was wi-fi 5 and the new one is wi-fi 6 with 2 antennas, still the exact same issue. I also purchased EE WiFi optimizer addon, which hasn't helped at all. 
I even reinstalled my windows, and the issue persists.

I've never ever ran into any issues with my BT broadband and have been having these issues with EE since day 1.

I've rang up technical support, was told there was a missaligment of broadband speeds on my account and that they're confident this was the reason - no improvement at all and this was done on Saturday. I was then advised to wait till mid of this week since the broadband is new and might need some time to adjust, this hasn't helped either.

Looked around in this forum and this seems to be a very common problem with a lot of users reporting the same exact issue that I am having, so I'm kinda hopeless but still giving it a shot here.

The only thing I havn't tried is ethernet cable connection, but to be honest ethernet connection via cable is not suitable to me and I definitely WiFi connection to be stable.

0 REPLIES 0