cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for a broadband that (I think) shouldn't exist

Ctommo
Investigator
Investigator

So, my old broadband contract came to a close, so I decided to try and upgrade to what I thought was better connections. (Already had my say in a different post, so I won't repeat)

I done it through the app, through the legit Sales Team, but I don't know if it is me or them, but I was paying for the old Internet, and the new one at the same time.

My New Internet got cut off yesterday as I swapped to someone else, and guess what. I got billed in the early hours for the old Internet, again. So that's nearly £100 in two months, for something that (I think) shouldn't be there. I've webchatted to multiple persons about this, yet it still happens. I'm not very good when it comes to phoning peeps. I stutter on par with Red - the guy who stuttered in the film Pearl Harbour - if not worse.

I ended up making a complaint, and for some reason it got closed without being resolved, so Mon or Tue I think it was I chatted again, said what was on my mind and after getting disconnected, we eventually got the case reopened. Not 10m after we finished chatting, I get a notification saying the complaint had been closed.

I know I probably won't be seen on here, as it's not a complaint line, but I needed to vent. And now at 6mins to 6am, I think it's time to go to bed. Nights/Morning for now.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ctommo wrote:

So, my old broadband contract came to a close, so I decided to try and upgrade to what I thought was better connections.

Didn't you switch to 5G mobile BB, as stated in your other thread? If that's so & you had fixed Home BB before that, then it wouldn't be an "upgrade" & it wouldn't replace the fixed Home BB contract which would just carry on on a 14-day notice basis.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I did not know that, nor was I told when I ordered it 😞

Yes, mobile BB & fixed BB are completely diff products & technologies and there is no upgrade path between them. While there are Ofcom regulated procedures for migration for fixed BB between diff ISPs, there is no recognised process for moving from fixed BB to mobile BB.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Wish someone had told me this sooner, thank you so much for your help. You've done more assistance with the matter than the Customer Support Web Chat. I must've chatted with 4 or 5 other people in there, not one has given me an actual answer, so thank you so much!

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & hope it soon gets sorted.