Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to EE from BT

Asarij
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I've just changed to EE from BT. Was sent the new hub on the 11.12, and Internet is working, however I am unable to pair the app or the smart WiFi device to the hub. When I check what is included in my package its says I should have a smart hub plus, however I have been sent a BT hub, and I think its ment for business, not domestic use. I've tried looking up what hub I have and can't seem to see one like it anywhere, also on the back of the hub it lists bt.com/business/help for any issues. Have I been sent the wrong hub? 

This is what it looks like: 

17031766144142841535091442442632.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asarij
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Just wanted to update this. Turns out I did have the wrong hub, but have now been sent the correct equipment. All is set up, connected and working, even the app! 

Thanks 😊 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Asarij : That is a BT Smart Hub 2, I believe. It is not compatible with the EE Smart WiFi Plus.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for replying,

I wonder why they have sent me incompatible equipment 🤔 both were sent to me by EE. I will have to give them a call.

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Asarij,

I am so sorry that that was sent out. That looks like the BT Business Smart Hub 3:

Can you let me know how you get on if you've called in or plan on calling in?

Thank you

Daniel-S

Robbie-Mac

Hi @Asarij

I'm just popping back to check how you got on and if you need our help with this.

Drop me a reply and let me know please 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

Hi,

I did call tech support on Friday morning, followed the instructions and still could not get them to connect. I was told there was a fault with the ee smart, so I was sent a new one. That arrived today and I set it up the same way I was told and ...... it still does not work. So now I am at a loss at what to do.

Neil-O

@Asarij I'm so sorry, did you tell the helpdesk you have been sent a business Hub by mistake? The EE Smart wifi device won't work with a Business Hub so replacing the smart wifi devices won't help, you need to be sent an EE Smart Hub Plus.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the community support guides but it will take us longer than usual to reply due to the holiday period. 

Thanks

Neil 

Hi,

I did try to explain, but he assured me I had the right hub and that they should work.

Thank you for replying, I will look at the message.

Asarij
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Just wanted to update this. Turns out I did have the wrong hub, but have now been sent the correct equipment. All is set up, connected and working, even the app! 

Thanks 😊 

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)