cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband not activated after switching over from BT

Adrian2024
Visitor

I was due to have my broadband switched over from BT 900 full fibre to EE 1.6 gig on Jan 10th. The open reach engineer visited in the morning and changed the full fibre modem and connected the new router. Everything was working fine for about an hour. Then BT closed my account to allow EE to take over and the broadband went offline. Spent half the day trying on the phone to EE to find out EE still had not activated my account. 

The first time on the phone I was put on hold then 10 mins later was disconnected from the call. I requested another call and waiting around 45mins for a call back. Once again I went through explaining every thing and then was transfered to another department they couldn't sort it and said the information had to be passed on to some one else and was told it would take a few hours and they would call me back. 3rd call explained everything again. After speaking for a while was put on hold then after a while I was put back in a call waiting que and it was picked up by some one else and once again had to explain the problem all over again now expecting a call back this morning 11th Jan still no broad band my account just says broadband order Pending.

This is just a descrace it should be a simple switch over. This broadband was ordered on 21st December 2023. The equipment was sent open reach booked and BT were requested to close my account. Then I am left with no broadband after all that because EE rejected my account activation. All my TVs are sky stream as well as computers and smart devices as well as alexa which is vital to my dad who is paralysed who uses it to call me  if in another room if he needs help as he can't just get out of bed

1 REPLY 1
Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adrian2024,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've been left without a connection. If you send me your details, I can take a look at what is happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  

Thanks,

Paddy