cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Mini hub not working with EE

Bluenails
Investigator
Investigator

With BT I had broadband of about 50mb, Digital Voice, BT Halo 3 and a mini hub-backup. BT emailed to renew my package which I did for £2 less pm. At the same time I was moved to EE. This seemed seamless.

I was a satisfied customer until I checked to see if the mini-hub backup worked. No it did not connect like it did previously when BT WiFi was out for a time. I would be grateful to learn what to do next.

Thanks in anticipation.

20 REPLIES 20
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bluenails    when you took out your EE contract did you also take out EE Smart Hybrid Connect? 

This is the service that gives you 4G backup, not sure why you think the BT service would continue, was it not cancelled when you moved?

Thanks Mustram. I had an email from BT to renew my contract. Couldn't make head or tail about the BT plans on their website so started a chat line. My queries got very confusing because the computer didn't understand my queries. An EE  advisor stepped in and took me through signing up for my present contract as per my first post. No mention about EE Smart Hybrid Connect. I spoke to another EE advisor about getting my BT mini hub working but the solution offered about me getting a pay as you go data SIM seemed to be wrong. Hence my post. Now I shall have to investigate how to get EE Smart Hybrid Connect. My router is still a BT one.

1. Is there a link within EE that I can go to that will know that I already have an EE contract?

2. Is the EE Smart Hybrid Connect a device like the BT mini hub separate from the router?

It's good to know that within the EE community there are people who know about these things and can help.

Thanks

@Bluenails   if you have not already done so you could log into MYEE, you will need to add your broadband, and some people do struggle. I have always found the Broadband Care Team to be helpful when I have called them, 0800 079 8586 option 2.

There is not much info, but yes I believe the Smart Hybrid is similar to what BT provided, however it is £7 per month, not sure how that compares.

HTH.

@Mustrum wrote:

I have always found the Broadband Care Team to be helpful when I have called them, 0800 079 8586 option 2.

It's now Option 1.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX wrote:

It's now Option 1.

@XRaySpeX  not when I rang it before my earlier post, it was option 2 and still is.

Why do you do this?

Actually BT mini hub was free of charge and proved very useful at times when Wifi was down which was frequently being in rural area.

Thanks for the info on EE Broadband customer care.

Option 1 or 2, I'll test it out in due course.

@Bluenails  the Help Pages siggest the following contact info for calling:

Call us

Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 8pm

From your EE mobile

From any other phone

0330 123 1105

Calls are free from an EE number. Charges may apply if you call from another network.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

@Mustrum wrote:

Why do you do this?

What? What are you on about? Why do you think I "do this"? Obviously cuz it's a fact.

Well, I just rang 2 EE CS landline nos. from my landline & it offered me Opt 1 for BB, etc. & Opt 2 for mobile, just as I state in my sig.

How is it possible for our calls to CS to be routed to a diff announcement? Did you call from a mobile? Perhaps landline & mobile do so route differently. Get it into your head that our joint experience proves it is possible

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)