Did you mean: 

New Full Fibre Broadband Install today, Now have solid red LOS light

mh_1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I just had new Full Fibre Broadband Install today, 

The service was confirmed live.

But now  I have solid red LOS light and now internet.

Not really a good start..

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Did it ever work since going live? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mh_1
Investigator
Investigator

Yes it did. from about 1Pm to 1AM

mh_1
Investigator
Investigator

So it turned out that , getting an engineer booked  when it was convenient for me would mean I was going to be out of service for 5 days. Was not happy with that, as mentioned it went down 12hrs after the install and you would think EE would give some sort of priority to get someone to me asap. But no they appear to have a system with BT where they have no control over engineer bookings or contact. This seems a bit rubbish to me to be honest, especially for situations like this were the immediate effect is to leave a brand new customer wondering if they chose the right company.

How I resolved the issue. for those of you who may find your selves in a similar situation.

I just luckily  remembered the sub contractors name on their Van.( from a very quick glance !)

So after the wasted time on the phone with EE, I used google to find the sub contractors HQ number. 

Called and explained. They found my details and told me they would have someone here with an hour and half.

They did not even bat an eyelid. 

Engineer arrived re did the thermal seal on the cable and all has been working ok so far.

This response is exactly what I would have expected from EE but did not get.

That coupled withs EE help  and fault reporting is only up to 9pm was a surprise to me and hoping nothing else goes wrong.