cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest WiFi pro

Heliocentric
Investigator
Investigator

I can see many posts about this, but cannot workout what the solution is. 
In absolute layman’s term / idiots guide, what do I need to do to connect the Google Nest WiFi Pro to the older style (pre 2023) EE modem/router?

EE sell them, so I’m assuming that they can work together. 

Many thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Heliocentric,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does this video from Google support help - How to Set up Google Nest Wifi Pro - YouTube?

James

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Heliocentric   do you have full fibre or is your router still connected via the phone connection?

If Full Fibre you could do away with the EE Router.

But if FTTC then you may have issues or not get the most from your Nest WiFi. At the least it would help if you switch the EE Router WiFi off.

Thanks for this … the video helps with initial install, but it doesn’t cover the “what ifs” unfortunately. 

Thanks for your reply.Our broadband isn’t Full Fibre … that doesn’t come until late ‘26 - we’re out in the sticks. 

We’re fibre via telephone connection point … a bit of a halfway house. You mention not getting the most from the Nest WiFi, what would be missing - I’m really just trying to cover the whole of our home with WiFi with the Nest as traditional extenders haven’t sorted black spots because you can’t daisy chain them. 

@Heliocentric   What "What if's"  are you having trouble with?

As per the video, the Nest is mean to be plugged into a modem, but the EE router is a modem/router combined - meaning you have two routers in your system. This can cause something called double NAT, which in turn can cause issues when gaming.

You can get around that by just using it in Access Point mode.

But rather than explain more, given you have said you are not technical, the video shows all you should need to get up and running. Plug it in, connect WAN port to a free LAN port - not WAN port on the router - download the app an follow the prompts.