cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Norton antivirus

Silky-jac
Explorer

Hi

ive recently got broad band and had email to download norton free. But they want card details for next years payment. Why can’t I decide if I want it again next year thanks

45 REPLIES 45

@richardjbarrett  the automatic renewal trick is used by a number of companies, however I got caught out a couple of years ago when they took the money a couple of months before it was due.

Lesson leant though, I don't leave it quite so late before unticking the automatic renewal box!

Hey man, when you checkout did you have to pay £99.99? I gone through to the same page as you did - saying £0.00 on the checkout, but then I checked the authorization detail from my bank and it says £99.99 ......

@TigerAce123  have you read the other answers - it is free, but you just have to cancel the renewal before it applies.

Hi Mustrum, I had read the other posts but I don't think it is the renewal in my case because a) the renewal should be just £ 39.99/ year and b) "To be billed 35 days prior to the 1 year free offer end date at £ 39.99". The fact that it is asking me now £99.99 is just out of the blue (and weirdly despite this, the check-out cart is £0.00).

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TigerAce123 

Is this amount pending with the bank? 

If so, could you check if this is returned in the next few days and if not, please contact our broadband care team who will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne,

I cancelled the checkout because of the £99.99. It is way too much for a sum being on hold.

Is it a guaranteed that the broadband team will refund me if this amount persist? 

Leanne_T

I see @TigerAce123 

If you give us a call the team will look into this for you and let you know how to set this up without being charged 🙂

Leanne.

This is what I got. Halifax confirm payment for 99.99 I had a heart attack almost.. I would have been screwed if I hit confirm by accident.. its my birthday in two days.. I'd have had no money in my account.. scary stuff this. Should be a click  and installed and part of EE bill. Now Norton has my back details on line and I'm not secure.. its so backwards.. am I going crazy, my head hurts now **bleep**. 

This is the first problem I've come across with ee. I praised them and left sky after 12 years sticking with them..

Katie_B

Good evening @spanglecharmer

Welcome to the community. 

Have you been able to speak with our customer care team on 150? they will be able to help set this up for you. 

Katie

I've not Katie. My head can't take it anymore for today. I have multiple mental health issues and on strong medication for anxiety and seizures so I've give in for today. I followed all steps given and it scared the he'll out of me. I press buttons without knowing with my nerves so I felt lucky to hit cancel in time. 

Thank you for the reply 🙂