cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Norton antivirus

Silky-jac
Explorer

Hi

ive recently got broad band and had email to download norton free. But they want card details for next years payment. Why can’t I decide if I want it again next year thanks

45 REPLIES 45
MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks James, all done.

I'd be surprised if it ended up being anything to do with individual numbers / accounts however as it seems to be affecting everyone, or in the very least many customers, given the number of previous posts / threads spanning several years; I can't see that anyone's come back recently saying it's worked for them, it's just been more customers seeing the same problem.

Add to this the expired links, references to deprecated products and Norton's take on the matter so far when I contacted them, and I'd argue that it's beginning to feel more like a failure in business process rather than a technical one, ie. the agreement between EE and Norton underpinning this offer has been allowed to lapse, and no-one's so far been interested in finding out why / renewing it.

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So not sure if changes have been happening in the background (as I'd tried what I did already) but I finally got this working a couple days ago; sort of...
Cleared ALL browser privacy data (used Chrome) and went back in, accepting all of the millions of cookie banners which crop up and it finally took me through to a £0.00 basket; however the product you end up with in the basket still somehow seems to be for a deprecated product, namely 'Norton Security with Backup' ? Not sure if that's the right one, as I can't find it available to buy on the Norton site but at least the £95 charge has been removed / is gone.

@MBEE : It's always worked me. It comes up for an order for the current product, Norton Security Premium free for 1st year: Capture.JPG

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Does your basket look different to what @XRaySpeX's image shows, @MBEE?

Chris

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi - no sorry, confirm it now does indeed show the same as XRaySpeX's (and still with a zero balance as per my last post). 

'Norton Security Premium' I think is merely an older wording. Norton have too many product names / name changes to keep track of, for my liking! As mentioned previously, I think it's now known as 360 Advanced for their 10 x user licence product, previous name was 360 Premium.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming, @MBEE 🙂

Chris

1 year free

Yes, @richardjbarrett , that's what EE claim it is. Are you having issues with it?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
no but lots others are who have posted they obviously haven't read check
cancellation period cancel in that and they wont be charged otherwise they
will take £40 which is still cheap

--
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for
the individual named in recipients. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.Messages are scanned for viruses and are clean at the time of
sending, Otherwise destroyed.

You are referring to this:

Cancellation & Refund: you can cancel your contract and request a full refund within 60 days of purchase. For each annual renewal or free trial, you can request a full refund within 60 days of being charged, and after the 60 days, a pro-rated refund of the days left in your renewed subscription term, beginning the month after you request the refund.

£40 isn't cheap! You can buy a 1-year licence key online at a well-known market site often for less than £10.