cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Norton antivirus

Silky-jac
Explorer

Hi

ive recently got broad band and had email to download norton free. But they want card details for next years payment. Why can’t I decide if I want it again next year thanks

45 REPLIES 45

@Timthesurveyor : : I got it directly from Norton Premium Antivirus Software .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi XRaySpeX,

So did I matey, and from within the MyEE pages, that was why I wondered, as it is not just me who has had this problem, (i.e. not just me being thick ,or ham-fisted, or plain dim), whether there was one link, in the many different pages that the Norton £0 link is featured, that had the wrong destination (or landing page) address, which those of us who are getting to the chargeable page, might be clicking on.

Those of us landing on the payable page, are not so stupid as to be navigating to Norton directly, and imagining that they would somehow know that we were EE subscribers. Something in the links must be skewed. As Leanne suggested in a prior post I am trying to phone Customer Service, but in the present circumstances the volume of calls is such that, like going out, I am not convinced that my problem is "urgent". Tim

OK, update. EE customer service say that it is a transaction between me and Norton so they cannot offer any assistance, and that I need to contact Norton customer service. They are closed down for the Corona period but have "extended our refund period" .... we shall see. Hey Ho.

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is in the very least a wild goose chase, which EE are clearly not interested in fixing for their customers, as several forum threads on here going back to 2017 about the same thing proves; still the same issues persist.

I have phoned and spoken to EE support twice over the last 3 days; they say to speak to Norton, as the landing page(s) are theirs.
I have therefore also phoned Norton (020 7616 5600) twice, who push the blame back onto EE, tell me to contact EE again as they can't assist with partner offers.

Surely one of the oldest hustles in the book, hoping that the customer will eventually just get frustrated and give up?

If the free licence deal at https://broadband.ee.co.uk/norton-security is not being honoured since forever, then surely this is false advertising?

I will point out that I have two EE broadband contracts running at different addresses and the story is the same when connected at either of them: follow the links through to the Norton basket (you can also do it when logged into the broadband section of your EE account) and it tries to charge £95 for the software.

Let's have a closer look at https://broadband.ee.co.uk/norton-security .

For a start, the page shows a deprecated product which was replaced by Norton 360 back in  2019 (see here: https://www.nortonlifelockpartner.com/faq/art/why-norton-security-is-not-available-anymore/) - specifically, Norton 360 Premium. 

Norton 360 Premium is now known as Norton 360 Advanced, this for the 10 x licence product being touted by EE.

Secondly, I can see no fewer than three separate 'Register and Download' buttons on there (why three?), all of which pull me through to:

https://uk.norton.com/broadband-ee-nortonsecurity?ts=1649261201&key=0a021bb50131d564fd5f54da06d1eba5

which shows "£0 for the first year" above a "Subscribe now" button:

Capture.JPG

Click the button and it takes you through to the basket and insists on charging £95.

Again, in the very least, all these EE links are wrong and need updating as it seems they have been wrong for the last 5-odd years judging by forum posts.

More importantly, nobody at EE customer support seems to know anything about the Norton offer worth knowing when contacted, and has been unable to assist.

Prove me wrong?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for bringing this to our attention again, @MBEE 

We've fed your post back to our broadband team for them to investigate this further.

Chris

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks Chris - no change still however and moreover, the 'offer' is still front and centre of the current EE broadband offer page:

Untitled.jpg

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

...as an aside, just noticed that the https://broadband.ee.co.uk/norton-security page actually bears a reference to the Bright Box 2, a router which I still use myself but which EE hasn't offered for several years! 😬 Jeez, man:

Untitled.jpg

Just to confirm that you're not alone @MBEE. I'm seeing the £95 charge for the free offer too.

Thomas. 

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Chris, please could you chase this up?

Still no change.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

I've sent you a private message @MBEE

Thanks

James