cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP installation through block paved road

Dallybally
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I’m very tempted to join for the 1.6gbps connection, I already have EE sim and it’s a great offer for the new sims, which I need 2 of, and the 1.6 connection is the same price I’m paying for virgin 1gbps but only get half that as there’s some damage to the cable somewhere. It is reliable though. Anyway, I don’t get how they would install FTTP, my road and pavement are block paved at my end of the street, I presume they would have to dig up the blocks and make them good again. There’s no telephone poles near here. The middle houses on the street aren’t block paved, I’m thinking when I see my postcode has it available it’s probably not every house. I tried online chat but they were hopeless, told me to call but I bet I’ll get a call centre who don’t understand properly. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks a lot. 

14 REPLIES 14
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Dallybally   first step would be to enter your adress in the BTW DSL Checker and post the results hiding your address. Please post the complete table, the comments to the right and below the table are important.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

IMG_2507.jpeg

 Thanks a lot

Well it looks like you can order fibre, but I beleive the notes on the right means you will need Openreach to come out and do a survey.

They will want the easiest possible route, and may be reluctant to dig up block paving - but until you place an order I doubt you will find out.

Exactly what I thought, I’ll speak to them and see what they say, thanks a lot 

No worries, glad I could help, do let us know how you get on though.

K8TE
Visitor

Did you manage to resolve this question?  I am trying hard to find out if there will be a problem with our block paving but like you feel I am unable to get a definitive answer.

Did you speak to them? I got through to sales who couldn’t help. Been on hold with technical for ages now. 

Finally got through to them. I had to order it, they will now send openreach out to survey. If they can’t install it then it will be cancelled, but apparently I’ll get to keep the cheap sims I just ordered at the same time - result. 

You were right, it flagged up to them as needing openreach survey. They’ll only come out now I’ve ordered, but I can cancel if they can’t install.