cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE vs BT broadband which is better for gaming?

Suzi82
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

currently with BT broadband not sure whether to upgrade with BT or EE 

which is best for gaming? 
thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

They are the same!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Suzi82  Anything that uses your current phone line is the same it’s just different prices/speeds depending on what you pay for.     The only company that doesn’t use the phone line is virgin media as they have their own lines, which I’m sure you might know are underground and not from a telephone post.  

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

There are some paid for gaming-orientated features provided with EE and the Smart Hub Plus that are not provided with BT. See here for detail. EE also supply 1.6gbps Fibre if it interests you, whereas BT do not.

Full fibre isn't phone line they take the old copper down... fibre is fibre.. but vm is cable to fibre and it's showing its age. 

Suzi82
Investigator
Investigator

I’m looking just for broadband as currently with BT no phone just broadband.