cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart Hub Plus poor range and connection strengh compared to BT Smart Hub 2

Monaco24
Explorer

Our BT broadband contract came to an end so we've moved fully to EE now and been sent out an EE Smart Hub Plus to replace our BT Smart Hub 2. There seems to be a considerable reduction in range with the new EE box and an unstable or poor wifi connection in parts of the house that were fine with the BT box. All in all it feels like a downgrade, has anyone else had similar issues with the EE boxes? 

I'm tempted just to send it back and stick with the older BT box but not sure if that will cause any issues down the line..

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Monaco24 There does appear to be a complaint regarding the EE hub to the BT hub from people like yourself moving from BT to EE, if BT are not requesting that you send there old hub back, then you can keep it and use it on the EE service, EE only support there equipment, but the BT hub works in both services, the main problem is did you make the move or did BT push you to EE, then the issue is if they request the hub be returned your choice is to comply or not, then take the charge that BT will apply for you not returning there equipment. I don't have a BT super hub2 but from what i see it's a pretty good hub... hope this answer helps.

@JimM11  thanks for the quick response. EE actually moved us over when my wife renewed her mobile contract as our BT contract was due to end within a month. Sounds like it isn't just a case of us getting a dodgy box then if there have been other complaints, we had the same issue with Sky BB which is the whole reason we switched to BT in the first place so I think sticking with the proven BT box is probably a good shout. 

We've had return labels for the BT hub and also an EE addressed label for an EE tv box we requested to return, the return address on both is the same so hopefully they won't care if its new or the old hub we send back to them but I'll give them a call to clarify anyway rather than risk a fine!

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Monaco24 Good shout, i would certainly call them, but the question is who, You have found the BT box to be better, stronger signal etc, EE will get there with it's router but it's not there now. Keep us posted how you get on.

Yeah no worries I will update the post once I've had a response from EE / BT in case anyone else is in the same boat

thanks very much

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I kept my BT Hub, you should be able to return the EE one and keep the one "that works" - just ask one of the MODs on here for help.