cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL / VOIP details

StigB
Investigator
Investigator

Looking to come back to EE or home broadband, I have a Linksys mesh network and Vigor modem serving that - never did use the ISP modem router as it does not have bridge mode. I understand that the EE modem router doesn't either, but can EE supply my DSL username and password so that I can use my own modem and mesh system router? Also, can EE supply my SIP username and password plus VOIP server details for voice calls?

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. In Using & Configuring a Third Party Router you'll find everything you need to set up your router incl. the BB PPPoE creds. which are now the same as BT's.
  2. You can either take Digital Home Phone from EE or get VoIP from a VoIP provider.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@StigB    if you want to use EE's Digital Voice you will need to use the EE supplied router - no SIP details have been made available so far. You are of course free to use your own VOIP provider and your own router.

StigB
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX and thanks for the direction to that page. Could you confirm that the BB creds listed there are not just the "DSL" settings, but are also used as my DSL username and password for my Linksys router (i.e. I don't need something personalised?)

And form the statement on that page " if you have EE’s Digital Home Phone service, you'll need to use your EE or BT hub as your primary router." I am guessing that EE would not supply SIP details to use the EE VOIP service on my router. Interesintg as other ISPs will - assuming you are a customer of theirs, of course!

Thanks!

@Mustrum, thanks, I replied to @XRaySpeX at the same time as you posted!

The EE BB creds found there are used as the PPPoE Username & pwd usually requested on the WAN settings of most routers. There's no 'DSL' about it.

As @Mustrum  pointed out if you want Digital Home Phone from EE you must use the supplied EE/BT router as 1st in line to the WAN. There are no VoIP settings supplied for use in any other router.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)