cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to work's VPN - blocked

Dayton14
Visitor

Hi, I've just been teased into joining EE after being a BT customer for many years. I've been able to connect to my work's VPN via BT's home wifi for the last 10 years and it allows me access to 3D CAD files as if I was in the office. On my first Work-From-Home day, the VPN wouldn't connect. My IT department spent some time trying to fix it but suggested I try EE technical support as there were rumours around EE blocking VPN. After lots of time on the phone, it appears that EE don't actively 'block' VPN, it just isn't compatible with their 'Smart' Hub 3.0 (feels like an oxymoron). EE won't/can't offer a technical solution other than 'don't work from home' or cancel the contract. As I'm four weeks into the contract, I thought EE would let me out of that contract as, what I considered to be a basic service, doesn't work. However, this will cost me over £1000 as I'm outside on the 14 day cooling off period. Neither option offered by EE is an acceptable solution so I put this question to the community, in hope that someone has found a workaround and might be kind enough to share it. 

1 REPLY 1
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Dayton14   what EE service do you have?

And do you still have your BT router? If so could you give that a try to see if the problem still exists. Or could you even borrow one?