cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT transfer - options

jdavidsonxyz
Visitor

Hi,

Currently a fairly content BT Fibre 2 customer (FTTC) - I'm happy apart from the price, now we're out of contract.
I've been discussing a renewal with BT and they seem to be forcing people onto EE, by making the BT packages a higher price.

I was quoted £42.01 pcm for BT 150 Mbps full fibre
but £29.99 for the same EE package

I was told that if I moved to EE, the customer services phone number would remain the same as for BT - but a quick Google shows this to be untrue.

Has anyone any advice or options regarding this?
Is there any way I can persuade BT to renew my current BT package, at a competitive price?
And/or is the transfer over to EE completely seamless?

Regards,

JD

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jdavidsonxyz wrote:

I was told that if I moved to EE, the customer services phone number would remain the same as for BT -

They might just mean the shortcode 150 from your landline for calling CS remains the same but all contact landline nos. will change.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)