cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT/EE switchover not working

Gyrth1066
Explorer

Hi

we have just swapped from BT to EE broadband only. i received an email on Monday to say its all ready to go and to set up the broadband.

I did this and nothing is happening the box just continually shows a green light no matter how long I use it. If I plug the BT modem back in it works perfectly.

i presume this means that EE hasn’t switched over from BT despite me checking on the website where it says it is up and running and working fine.

any ideas please?

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Gyrth1066 - what router/hub do you have and is the LED definitely 'green' and not 'aqua'? Small distinction I know, but the newer EE hubs should only every really have a green LED when they're first booting up or restarting.

Given the BT hub still works, I wonder if you might have a duff unit?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

A BT router will work equally well on EE BB as they both accept BT BB creds. For same reason an EE router can be made to work on BT BB. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Gyrth1066 - what router/hub do you have and is the LED definitely 'green' and not 'aqua'? Small distinction I know, but the newer EE hubs should only every really have a green LED when they're first booting up or restarting.

Given the BT hub still works, I wonder if you might have a duff unit?

Gyrth1066
Explorer

Thanks guys,

did manage to get it sorted in the end 

it appears the new hubs are sent out with old set up books and my account number wasn’t registering with anyone when I called.

but all sorted now 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to let us know, @Gyrth1066 

Chris