cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE App and Pairing Router

chrishyper1
Investigator
Investigator

This is the most awful experience ive ever had in setting up a router, Im a telecoms engineer myself so i know what im doing with this kind of stuff but im sat through the 20 minutes to 1 hour update again via the EE App, then it tells me it cant update the router try again later but i can still use it, Now im trying to pair the router with the app and keeps telling me it cant pair try again Scan the QR code and nothing happening again how can i even set up wifi controls for my kids if i cant even do a simple task of pairing the router to the app

anyone else had a similar issue ?

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@chrishyper1   have you seen the help pages https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/getting-started/set-up-guide 

or tried logging into the router with a browser?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chrishyper1 

Welcome to the community.

If your service has just been activated, it may take a little while for all of the features to catch up and activate too. Could you keep us posted over the next 24 hours and let us know what happens with these features?

Chris