cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Black Discs with BT Smart Hub on EE Broadband

smudger280
Explorer

Hi Guys

I have recently migrated over to the EE Broadband but kept all my existing BT equipment.  My problem is I have 3 BT black discs and a BT Smart hub.  Only 1 out of the 3 discs is working.  I have tried all pairing methods but I can't get the blue light to remain steady, it just returns back to red.

I cannot get back onto the BT App to pair them as it's been switched off.  I tried pairing using the network cable direct to the hub and this works until I pull the cable out and it goes red again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you asking about using the EE Smart Hub Plus or the BT SH2 on EE BB?

The black BT Complete WiFi discs do not work with the SH+. The white "high st." Whole Home discs would do.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The BT SH2 on EE BB.

In that case as the BT Complete WiFi discs were compatible with the BT SH2  when on BT BB then so should they be when on EE BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Ever since we switched over 2 out of 3 have been red.  I don't know how else to pair them?

JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

The best way to connect your Hub and Wi-Fi discs is to follow the instructions on the My BT app. On the home screen, select MoreYour wi-fi network and then Set up new disc. This will guide you through the set-up and suggest the best location for your disc.

Alternatively, follow the steps below to connect using an ethernet cable. There's one in your Hub box.

1. Plug one end of the ethernet cable into a yellow port on the back of the Hub and the other end into the yellow port on the disc
  2. The light on the Wi-Fi disc will start flashing blue and will turn solid blue after a couple of minutes
  3. You can now unplug the cable. The light will change to flashing red, but will go back to solid blue after a few seconds
  4. Unplug the disc from the mains and plug it in at the preferred location

If you're still having problems, use our online troubleshooter