cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Rounder : Fibre 50

Bazyle
Investigator
Investigator

I have just been shovelled across from BT and my service seems to be called "All rounder: Fibre 50". This does not appear at all anywhere on the EE website or anywhere that Google can find. I have no idea what the service actually is. The website is so shallow even an ant wouldn't get its feet wet.
Uswitch mentions Fibre 100 and Fibre500. The price I'm paying seems to align more with Fibre 1G if there is one. Uswitch offers multiple providers around £30 but over the phone the CSA claimed only a £49 was available with minimum phone service. The BT checker offered me Fibre1 at £30 but not Fibre 2 which the CSA said was because my rural location meant the faster speed was not available. I don't do anything including streaming needing more than the 3Mbps I got from ntl back in '2003.
Are these £30 deals only for new customers? There is nothing to imply a 60% increase to come. I seem to be paying an extra £200 a year for something special they won't tell me about.

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bazyle  It sounds like you have signed up for the basic Fibre 1 equivalent and a inclusive all calls voice package.

If you go to the main EE site without signing in you can go to broadband deals and built up a package.

F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,  if the app actually works for you have a look on the broadband page and view your package.  Im on the Full works 67 package but on my bill the broadband shows as a basic package but the amount I'm being charged is correct.  It seems in the back office systems the products all have either different or random names.  I've got the products I'm expecting now and speeds so I'm not chasing anymore to get the product names lined up (lets just say its more hassle than its worth now).  It took 3.5 months to even get my migration order sorted and even now I ring into support I get a random team and have to be transferred and with a line fault I have open-reach and the EE system isn't integrated so one system shows the fault the other keeps auto closing it which means anytime I need assistance and they insist on running the test it finds the line fault and round the loop we go again.    I can't order any new services (like tv or enhancer linked to my Broadband account as they don't show as available despite it finding them ok as a new customer,  EE's lose I just went elsewhere).  The whole situation is a mess.  

Thanks, Phone  is just pas as you go for about £3.
The app tells me "All round Fibre 50"  too but has a section telling me it is "Broadband and TV" but the finer details don't mention TV so not sure about that. It also has a bit about ' a connection guarantee using EE mobile. So it might be one of these that I didn't order that has jacked the price up. 

Bazyle
Investigator
Investigator

So I called again and eventually got offered "Fibre 50 essentials" at £40 with a £5 discount but they are sending a new modem, again. I got an email to say what the charges are and roughly what the phone features are but still doesn't say what the actual package includes. 
The 'essentials' bit does sort of appear when Googled but still cheaper on the website. So much for being a BT customer in its various guises for 70 years.

By the way EE your NPS score is down the tubes, if you measure such things, but it might not be a 'thing 'any more.

F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Bazyle it sounds like your having the same time as rest of us still i.e bad :-(.   Hopefully your router arrived ok.  The section is just called broadband & tv in the app they lump all those services into the same tab and the mobile stuff (if you have it) is under the mobile section.  I still have a section under all those with and error dialogue (no idea what that is).  In theory I believe the essentials 50 package should just be router and broadband (and if you paid the extra phone).

Hope your all gets sorted soon to.   I'm still fighting to be able to order the wifi-enhancer but to be honest now they don't want the money for it fine,  and I'm not going anywhere near the TV side way to many horror stories there if you're a customer who moved from the old BT (ok re-badged) products and had account issues. (for me hey can't even give me pricing and the one guy who did literally read the price list so tv and broadband for me would have been nearly £160 a month without extras.