cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

unlimited DATA, yet atTWS OUT OF data HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

JHM5050
Investigator
Investigator

Have two 4G WIFI base units with two sims, each with unlimited DATA, one used heavily daily the other limited use. How is it possible on an unlimited contract to rum out of DATA, or is it time to simply change suppliers?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JHM5050  for a start it’s not actually unlimited, depending on when you got this you might have 1000Gb per month or 600Gb per month.  

Hi, Appreciate you don't have all the contract details, the play on words, however, is a little concerning. This will be for others to determine. The contract states UNLIMITED. If we are stating this is not the case when the needs to the sales assistant in Hull was extremely clear as we can on average use more than 600gb. Hence why we purchased two accounts, to ensure we don't have an issue. Both paid (monies are taken without question) one direct debit

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JHM5050

When did you take out the plan?

The terms and conditions for unlimited plans from January 2021 say:

"Your inclusive data allowance is for personal, non-commercial use when in the UK and in the EU. If you regularly tether 12 or more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan.

We will consider usage above 600GB per month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods, or to move you to a business plan."

Where did you see this 'out of data' message?

Chris

Hi Chris, two points, I took out my account in 2019/march 2020, after a long discussion with EE in Hull as we unlike other areas of the UK have no alternative landline suppliers. I was convinced after a couple of weeks that the device could and would with the exception of a landline do what the landline was capable of.

The issued mobiles sims when attempting to use was a nightmare and I told EE to stuff the sims, I use an alternative supplier. 

Now if EE are stating as you have that they have reduced this to 600Gb, when this was a noted limit as I used this regularly due to the family working shifts as the wife is in healthcare and myself working from home occasionally now full time due to Covid, again noted in full to EE prior to taking the accounts full time, then as you have broken the contract I see no reason to deal with EE further. 

As for the second unit this is used to support our son in his home as he is disabled and lives in the home 3-4 days a week the remainder at our home, I would be interested to be informed how he has used all the stated 600Gb allowance!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

The 600GB isn't an allowance, it's a fair usage policy (FUP) we have on our current unlimited data plans. If you were hitting that FUP, that would be the point that EE may contact you about traffic management (maybe slowing down speeds) or changing the plan to one that may suit your needs more, @JHM5050.

It's possible the fair usage amount is different for your plan, depending on when you changed to it or took it out.

If your data has stopped working or you would like to look into the terms of your specific plan, I'd recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team.

Chris

Please if you are using this platform and can't get the answer you are looking for contact the team at EE, they will give specific and accurate advice based on your contract and usage.

Having spoken with the team, I am happy that my fears have been quashed, the community outlet should just be seen as a generic result