cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

transfer old number to new sim but they're on same account

Ace24579
Explorer

I  lost my phone and PAYG sim around a month ago. i was using a spare phone i had and was waiting to order a replacement sim just in case it turned up but it didn't. my partner came home today with a new sim for me and after putting it in my phone, opening up the MyEE app and trying to add it to my account (hoping it would take my old number), i had realised it had opened up another single user account on my phone rather than taking my old phone number like i hoped it would. is there any way i could get the old number to the new sim without getting another sim or deleting my old number?? 

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Ace24579

Thanks for coming to the community. 

It is not possible to swap numbers on an EE account. 

I would recommend giving us a call on 150 and speaking with our customer care team who can provide more information. 

Katie 🙂

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Just putting in a new SIM in your phone doesn't move the number over to it. The number is stored on the SIM.

You need to ask for a sim replacement and if it doesn't turn up call up and ask why.

It will be quicker to do this in store though as you will get one there and then.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ace24579 ,

Did you report both your phone and SIM to the service provider as lost?

Did your partner pick up a replacement SIM for the lost SIM, or was a new unrelated SIM picked up.

Obviously if your new device and SIM have nothing to do with the old ones, there's no reason to expect anything other than what you've seen.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

The spare phone that I’m currently using is a phone that used to have the old sim in it. The screen was being finicky with turning on So I moved the sim over to the phone that I lost.