cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

split service after porting number

sperry222
Investigator
Investigator

hello, i ordered a new sim with EE last weekend it arrived Monday and i took 3 days for the PAC code i supplied to be dealt with, i had no information about when it was being done and only found out via live chat.  on Wednesday morning, when they said it had all been done and my old Vodafone service would be disconnected with in hours 

24 hours later and i still have split service if you call my now new ee number it goes through to my old Vodafone phone same with text messages unless you're also on the ee network  i have tried turning both phones on and off multiple times. i know something is wrong due to the fact my vodafone service is still active and should be disconnected as part of the pac transfer. 

just for reference if i call or text anyone from my ee phone it shows the correct new number i just cant receive anything  i have tried the online tech support with no resolve it appears that they dont understand that i can have 2 phones with the same number and seem pretty clueless on how to resolve the issue. 

i moved to EE hoping for a better service but now unless this gets sorted asap it appears i will be charged for another month with vodafone whilst also having a useless EE phone for a month overlapping.  can anyone help solve this, looking on here it appears to be a common issue so surely there is a common fix by now ? 

for clarity both phones are android and the new phone is showing the new ported number in its information 

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @sperry222 

You're quite correct to observe that split ports are not uncommon.

The quickest way to rectify this, if your port date is now more than 1 working day past, is to call EE C/S on 150 from your mobile.

An agent will be able to access your account and should be able to start resolving this. Unfortuntely there is no access to individual customer accounts on this public forum.

Hello I contacted them last week regarding this issue after a long time I finally got through to someone who sounded like they knew what they were doing apparently they needed more files from Vodafone and it should take 72 hrs max but is normally done a lot quicker, it has now past the 72 hour mark and this still isn't resolved. 

I'm not happy at all its been over a week now since the number was meant to change and I will now be having to pay another month of my Vodafone bill which should not have happened. 

Can anyone look into this situation as a matter of urgency? Not a good start to joining the ee network at all seriously regretting my choice 😞

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sperry222

I am very sorry to hear this is not resolved for you. Please give us a call on 150 and our Mobile Care team can get this looked into further for you. 

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Unfortunately I am working for the next few days and don't have the opportunity to sit on the phone and explain the whole situation again to someone new whilst they attempt to solve the issue. 

I'm baffled that that a large company such as ee doesn't have the infrastructure to look into this on my behalf without the need for me to spend a prolonged amount of time on a phone call multiple times. 

I guess I'll have to wait and look into the contract I signed up to to see how I can go about cancelling due to ee not keeping to their end of the agreement  

Leanne_T

Hi @sperry222

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Sorry we have no account access on the community, you can view ways to contact us including online chat, on our get in touch page. 

I hope this is sorted soon for you. 

Leanne.

Unfortunately  that doesn't help me at all, hopefully you can point me in the right direction to raise a formal complaint. 

Leanne_T

Hi @sperry222

I've sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Leanne.

Leanne_T

Hi @sperry222

Sorry, your private messages don't seem to be on at the moment I am unable to send you the message on the community. 

Can you check your preferences using this link, do you have private messages turned on? 

Thanks.

Leanne.

I can not seem to find the option to turn private message on in that link you sent, under what sub heading is it located?