cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Annual Shambles

JayTee1995
Investigator
Investigator

Why every year the lack of stock and never ending delays with no update?

Goes back to the old saying of learning from your mistakes, for the “number 1” provider in the UK, it’s really poor service every time

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JayTee1995   You are aware Apple have a production issue and I cannot keep up with demand because of shortage of parts because of the current situation in the world and you think that’s EEs fault.   Try and order from apple and you’ll have the same waiting times. 

They have had this issue for years? They had this issue in 2019, before “Covid”.

it would be nice to be updated on the progress of your £1000+ order, thats all. And if there is a shortage of parts, take that into consideration at launch instead of piling up orders that cannot be fulfilled.

@JayTee1995   Yes you’re right this happens every year but guess who makes the device it’s not EE its apple an apple can’t produce/supply them quick enough to EE for EE supply them to their customers. 

The shortage of parts is not EEs fault that’s an apple production issue and when certain countries around the world are being hit by Covid it kind of has a knock on effect for manufacturing.    

You seem to think that EE are doing this deliberately and they should be held accountable for another manufacturers production issues.  Perhaps EE should of stopped taking orders and only allowed a few at a time.   But then again some customers are willing to pay deposit and are willing to wait until a device can be allocated to them, so If your ok with that then you keep waiting until there is free stock so you can order that will probably be round about March time I reckon do you want to wait till then ? or do you want to order now and be patient until device can be allocated to you.  

The choice is yours and just like other customers you’ll be added to the waiting time for others who want the device asap.  

Clearly missing the point, I already have upgraded, and I already have been waiting for approx 17 days on a device that was “expected within 7 days”. With no further update?

An update regarding peoples orders without having to continuously chase up isn't too much to ask for.

It isn’t just the shambles with upgrading. There are multiple other aspects with EE that are extremely frustrating. But able to look past.

@JayTee1995  What model type ? Colour ? Storage size ?   

Clearly missing the point Lol.  Your first post didn’t saying anything about you’ve already ordered and your waiting on the device.  Give all the information as that really helps.  

More like you clearly believe because you ordered you should receive ASAP regardless of issues in manufacturing and people around the world having issues because of Covid.   Real first world problems right here.    And as you say it’s every year so you should know by now what to except when demand outstrips production and seeing as Covid is playing a part in this you should expect longer waiting times.  

Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I agree with JayTee. The shambles is the lack of Updates from EE about delayed orders. 

if I’m told to expect delivery within 7 days and the phone doesn’t arrive. I shouldn’t have to contact EE to find out what’s happening, EE should keep me up to date. 

The reason it’s a shambles is because EE is a communication company but doesn’t communicate clearly and often enough about orders (or other things for that matter. I just did a SIM swap, the instructions on-screen when I ordered the SIM said one thing about what to do when the SIM arrived, the email confirmation said something different and the letter with the SIM said something else).  

@Techhead   What lack of updates ?   There isn’t an update until a device can be allocated to you.   How can you get an update on nothing as no device has been allocated to you,      It’s all over the website on what time frames to expect on devices.