cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE Customer Service is an absolute joke!!

ChrisHL
Investigator
Investigator

Honestly EE what is going on????

I am a very long standing customer with EE, probably around 25 years now if not more (originally Orange)  and very rarely have I been impressed with the customer service! The people I speak to are always polite and talk a good talk telling me what I want to hear but what is delivered is always the opposite?

Just to enlighten you with the latest shambles I will put you in the picture.

I moved overseas about 4 years ago and dropped my account to small a Sim only pay monthly account that gives me 2 numbers (one for me and one for my wife using our numbers we have had for 20+years)

The lines are unused but active whilst we are out of the country so we can still receive calls and messages from the U.K. then when we are back in the U.K. we make use of our voice and data allowance.

When I first changed to sim only my number was set up as the primary and my wife as secondary so I had to gift her data from my number via the app before we travelled to the U.K. so she could use it. Bit of a faff but not the end of the world.

During Covid we couldn’t travel to the U.K. for over a year, when I eventually did I found EE had dropped my data allowance to 250mb without telling me???

So whilst in the U.K. I spoke to customer service to change my package, they sorted me a 120gb Sim only deal more than I needed but I was ok with it and all worked fine.

My wife is flying to the U.K. today so I went into the app yesterday to gift her some data only to find their was no data on either number but a 3rd number had appeared on the account with 200gb of data? (There is more to this story about your customer service but I won’t go into that now) I am being charged £87pm for the privilege!!

I decided to just gift her the data from that account for now and sort it out when I am back in the U.K. next month. But I couldn’t because it just threw back an error?

I looked all over your website for an online chat as I am overseas but it was nowhere to be found so I had no choice other than to call your customer service from the UAE at huge cost to me?

After being on hold for half an hour on your international number I was greeted by the normal helpful representative, he said the extra 3rd line would be removed but he couldn’t put any data on her number as it was throwing up an error? I know I told you that! So he said as she is only in the U.K. for a week all he could do is give her unlimited data for the week she is there and once she connected to a U.K. cell tower the account would go back to normal. He said it won’t show on the app until she lands so I just had to take his word that it will happen? He said he would follow this up with an email to me so I have a record of what he has done.

I woke this morning and found no email so I have no proof and no point of contact, but further to that I found the number that was removed was actually my primary U.K. number that I have had for 20+ years leaving active the rogue number that I do not have nor ever had a sim for?

To add insult to injury I now can’t call customer service back because my sim has been cancelled (the primary number) and there is no online chat option?

What is going on EE? Have I now lost my number for ever? Will my wife have data when she lands? Will you refund the over charges for the extra line? Will I be charged for the 1 hour international call I made to customer service? Will EE customer service ever do what they promise or will I be forever disappointed?

Come on EE pull your finger out this is an absolute joke!!!

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ChrisHL,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your account. I'd recommend logging in to My EE and waiting for an invitation to chat with our Customer Care Team. They'll be happy to help.

James

Yesterday I waited for half an hour whilst I was on hold on the phone but still no pop up for online chat, so how long do I expect to wait and does the online chat work on safari?

James_B

Hi @ChrisHL,

You should receive a chat invite as soon as we have an advisor available to help. Chat should work with any web browser.

James

Oh great, wish me luck?

I would request a callback but I have no working telephone number now??

James_B

Hi @ChrisHL,

If you continue to have issues connecting with a chat agent, another option would be to call via a VoIP app, such as Skype.

Hope this helps.

James