cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

sim issue

Trudypink
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have upgraded to SIM only and kept my handset and number. I have inserted the new SIM today. All calls now go to my voice mail message without ringing the phone. When I dial out on my phone it is showing a totally different number to mine. 

I have missed several important calls today not good when you are dealing with safeguarding issues. 

Can anyone help. I have tried calling twice and was on hold for over nearly 20 minutes each time with no answer.

5 REPLIES 5
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Trudy.. if it was just a transfer to Sim only then normally you would just keep using your old sim/number - that's what I did when I changed from contract to sim only.  It sounds like there has been a misunderstanding and they have sent you a new sim with a new number!  I would suggest giving them a ring and get it sorted out.  

Hi @Trudypink 

It's possible that you need to activate your replacement SIM which will set it up with your existing number. But my experience is the same as @wardi advises - a change from handset plan to SIM-only, is just a change of plan which doesn't need a new SIM to be issued.

If you're not sure, I would call C/S to get them to check it over.

Thank you I called them and after being on hold for nearly an hour, this is exactly what had happened. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Trudypink

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Is this now sorted for you?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Yes thanks. It is all resolved.