cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

openreach engineers ????

Drenex
Visitor

2 Lads from openreach came into today to install my fibre and they installed the box outside of my house but did nothing else , installed nothing inside my house so im stuck here on a friday night after work with my old internet 3mbps speed is this common and how fast can it be fixed , they should install like a box inside and plug a router i received couple of days ago inside right ? 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did they drill through the external wall behind the box outside? They are yet to install the ONT modem on the inside connected to box outside via the the hole through the wall. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Drenex .. I am in the process of having Fibre installed by Openreach.  I was told it is done in 2 stages.  The outside crew have already run the cable to the exterior box.  Another crew will arrive to do the indoor stuff after I receive the equipment (probably tomorrow).  Hope that helps.