cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Voip phone and adapters

kwakers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ive just found out that openreach/bt are turning off the (analog) system and we will all need to be using VOIP in 2025 who else knew about this. I have asked Panasonic if my new phones will be compatible they assured me that one of dual phones will be ok but i will need an adapter for the second one. I cant see the need for an adapter as the second phone is cordless and dosent need a jack plug upstairs it receives its signal from the handset downstairs can anyone help me in this regard

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @kwakers 

If you've already spoken to Panasonic then I'm not sure what more you need. Ultimately there is 3+ years before this happens and people may need to upgrade their equipment. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The router my ISP gives me does this automatically, so I just plug a normal phone into it. There's no reason I need to know anything about VOIP and SIP if I don't want to. 

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@NorthernerIt is happening now, 3 years is the end date. As FTTP is being rolled out those exchange areas are being transferred to Digital Voice.

@kwakersJust plug the base station of your Panasonic base station into the smart router.