cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

VOIP over 4G with EE 4GEE router (HH70VB)

martinjstephens
Visitor

Hi there, 

I'm having issues getting a VOIP phone set up using our 4GEE router (HH70VB). Our VOIP provider requested that we disable SIP ALG on our router so that the service could work, however EE tech support advised that this isn't supported for this router. 

I've seen a few posters on here say they are using VOIP with their EE 4G connections, if so;

- what is your hardware set-up and who is your provider? Did you have to disable SIP ALG to get this working?

- are you able to do this with the 4GEE (HH70VB) router or have you had to replace your router?

We use 4G for our internet connection here because the copper line is so poor and it often cuts off, so we're looking for a cost effective VOIP solution that will work through our existing 4G connection.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Martin

1 REPLY 1
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@martinjstephens  ..  I believe this would need setting up with EE if indeed they support it.  I'm changing to fibre from 4G in the next couple of weeks where adding 'digital voice' isn't a problem.