cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Wifi disc set up

Exematt
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have just updated to the EE smart hub (white), and trying to connect my 1st disc- which is a BT one, also white. Are these compatible as i cant link them. As soon as i unplug the ethernet cable it goes to a solid red light?

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Exematt.

Welcome to the community.

Could you try following the instructions on this BT YouTube video

Let us know if it works.

Chris

@Christopher_G : The video only shows the BT Whole Home Disc connected by Ethernet. The OP wants to remove Ethernet & go wireless. The video does not go on to cover that stage.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Ahhh, I see, thanks @XRaySpeX

Chris 🙂

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor
MikeR
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I have BT broadband and white wifi extender discs. I’m not sure whether the EE hub works in the same way, so this may or may not be of any help.

With BT the first white extender disc has to remain connected by ethernet to the hub for the others to work.

If I wanted to upgrade my BT hub to a BT smart hub the white discs wouldn’t work - I would need the black ones apparently.

@MikeR wrote:

With BT the first white extender disc has to remain connected by ethernet to the hub for the others to work.

The video above says it doesn't!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Exematt
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No mention of this in any videos or instruction leaflet- they all say to disconnect the ethernet cable then locate in the best position.

Any idea if the EE version is the same?

I was advised any disc would work on any system!