cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why can't I keep my EE landline when renewing?

Haribho
Investigator
Investigator

My 18 month contract for EE broadband and landline is about to expire in a couple of weeks and I received an email stating a price on a new deal with everything staying the same. I tried finding this online by logging in but couldn't so rang 150. I managed to get a better deal and even had the terms and conditions read to me. However, when the operator tried to complete it she said the tech department said I couldn't have a landline as they didn't do one in my area. This is confusing seeing as I currently HAVE an EE landline and am just renewing my contract. I don't understand why this is. If I don't renew I get to HAVE an EE landline all-be-it at a slightly more expensive rolling contract. This seems extremely strange. Can someone please explain it or correct it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is what came up:

Exchange is served by Cabinet 19
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 1000Upto 220--Available1 Stage
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2021-07-31
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL Multicast
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
23-09-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
Y
N
Y

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest.

I'm not sure what that actually means!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Were they offering you a FTTP product? You don't get a landline with those.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

These BB contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the non-discounted price on a rolling 14-days' notice basis until you explicitly migrate, cancel or upgrade.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Also worth remebering Openreach will cease all PSTN landline services for telephony in 2015 at the latest, they are already ceasing them on an area basis.

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You have been watching too much Back to the Future @pip11  😀

I think you mean 2025.

This is what came up:

Exchange is served by Cabinet 19
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 1000Upto 220--Available1 Stage
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2021-07-31
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL Multicast
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
23-09-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
Y
N
Y

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest.

I'm not sure what that actually means!

Also they offered me a contract with a landline but then tech department said it couldn't be done.

It looks like you are connected to an exchange in the early stages of the PSTN withdrawel mentioned by @pip11  above.

Unlike some other suppliers, EE do not have a digital voice product, so they can only offer a switch to an FTTP product without a phone number or line. Your options are therefore limited. You could:

1. Continue with EE on standard terms until such time as they offer a digital voice service - if it happens.

2. Start a new contract with a supplier that will offer your phone number on a digital service, whilst you move to a FTTP service - BT as one example.

3. Transfer your phone number to a VOIP provider of your choice, whilst starting a new FTTP provider, EE or someone else - this however will take some careful planning and timing otherwise you run the risk of have no broadband or no phone line for a time.

HTH.

Looks like your cab can only offer you FTTP, for which you don't get a landline.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)